If something in your body doesn’t feel right, don’t carry the worry of cancer with you.
Tests could put your mind at rest, and whatever the result, your NHS is here for you.
When cancer is diagnosed early, treatment is more likely to be successful. However, early in the pandemic the number of people coming forward to their GP with potential cancer symptoms dropped.
Referrals for suspected cancer have been running at record high levels since March 2021, and we need to continue that trend to diagnose more cancers early.
Contact your GP practice if you experience any of the below symptoms:
– Tummy trouble, such as discomfort or diarrhoea for three weeks or more;
– Blood in your pee – even just once;
– Unexpected or unexplained bleeding;
– Unexplained pain that lasts three weeks or more;
– An unexplained lump; or
– A cough for three weeks or more