SystmOne Online will help empower you to take greater control of your own health and wellbeing. Our aim is to offer you more choice and control as well as convenience. Patients who are informed and involved in their own care, have better health outcomes.
We are pleased to offer you the facility to use ‘SystmOne Online’ which provides internet services for all patients over the age of 16 years to:
- View, book or cancel doctor appointments
- View a list of your current medication and send repeat prescription requests View summary care records, including your sensitivities and allergies
- View your coded record
- Access to the detail coded record of your children up to the age of 11
It is currently possible to book a doctor or Acute Care Practitioners call back appointment via the online system. If booking a GP TELEPHONE appointment kindly indicate a time frame for your call-back (i.e. please call before 11am or after 2pm). Appointments times on the online system are not a true representation of the call-back time. Regrettably this is a system default that cannot be altered. Please continue to contact reception for all other nursing appointments.
If you subsequently decide that you no longer require the appointment, please ensure that it is cancelled to enable the time to be offered to someone else. Please cancel by either the online facility or by telephoning reception. Please Note: Failure to cancel two on-line appointments will result in your on line account being suspended
We require 2 working days to process requests.
If you would like to register for our online services, please complete Part 1 of this ‘SystmOne Online Application Form’. Please return completed forms to the practice, with photographic proof of identification e.g. passport or driving licence. To ensure confidentiality we are only able to issue user logins to the individual in person.
Our reception staff will register you, provide you with unique login details, a secure password and instructions for the website.
- Your Medical Record is important and you should keep all information safe and secure, just like your Bank Account details.
- No one should force you to share your GP record. You have the right to say NO. If this happens, tell us as soon as possible.
- Take extra care if using a shared computer, keep your login details safe and remember to log out. If you think someone has seen your password, change it as soon as possible or call our reception.
For more information on how to keep your GP online record safe go to; www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/records/healthrecords/Documents/PatientGuidanceBooklet.pdf
PART 1: You need to bring along some photographic proof of identification to become registered.
To ensure confidentiality we will only issue logins and passwords to the individual in person.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are “one per patient”. Acceptance of one member of a family does not imply acceptance of other / further family members.
- Applications for online access will not be considered for patients who are under the age of 16.
- You can choose to let another person see your medical records, for example members of your family or a carer. To do this safely, contact the surgery.
- Where access is refused this will be in writing, reason will only be given at the discretion of the partners.
- Where a minor requests a change of password (perhaps to alter access) this will be granted at the discretion of the Partners.
- Patients with a history of non-attendance at pre-booked appointments (without cancelling) will not normally be granted access to on-line appointment booking, however the remainder of the facilities will be considered.
- Appointments booked online are to be cancelled by the patient as soon as it is determined that it is no longer required.
- The Practice will not allow misuse of the online system and will monitor usage by individual patients. Where it is considered that a patient is misusing the system or is acting in a way detrimental to the availability of the appointment system, or other facilities, a warning letter will be issued. Where the situation does not improve, or recurs, access will be removed permanently and without further notice, at the discretion of the Partners.
- Repeat prescriptions may only be ordered where these appear on the repeat list, which is provided to patients on the tear-off portion of the last prescription issued. The request must match the repeat list exactly and must be due. Other items ordered or requested using this facility will not be actioned, and no contact will be made with the patient. Prescriptions ordered outside this guideline must be via reception staff.
- Personal Information updating is subject to validation after submission.
- Approved access requests will be notified along with access instructions and a copy of these Terms and Conditions.
- Requests for reissuing of access log-in details will be responded to in person.
- If you change surgeries, you will need to register again for online services at your new surgery.
- You can choose to stop using online services at any time by informing the practice.